||UCLArts and Healing is a partnership
between the Arts and Healing Initiative, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, and the UCLA Collaborative Centers for Integrative Medicine.
Information regarding the nonprofit, such as mission statement and services is reflected in the following website: www.uclartsandhealing.org.
Board of Directors:
Ping Ho, MA, MPH - Founding Executive Director, Arts and Healing Initiative; Former Founding Administrator, UCLA Collaborative Centers for Integrative Medicine and UCLA Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology.
Karen S. Nowicki, CPA, MBA - Chief Financial Officer
- Ami Belli, MD - Integrative Medicine Physician.
- Remo D. Belli - Founder and CEO, Remo, Inc.
- Devra Breslow, MA - Founder/Director, Art That Heals, UCLA Cancer Center/Medical Center, 1982-89; Co-founder, Society for the Arts in Healthcare (being renamed Global Alliance for Arts & Health)
- Lucy S. Gonda, MA, BC-DMT - Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist.
- Elle Nicolaï - Visionary Artist; Founder of the Salamander Fund.
- John Weeks - Publisher/Editor, The Integrator Blog.
- Lonnie K. Zeltzer, MD - Founding Board Member and Medical Director of Whole Child LA; Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
- Camille Ameen, Certified Council Trainer; Co-Founder, Inside Out Community Arts.
- Anna Araujo, Chief Professional Officer, Boys & Girls Clubs of East Los Angeles.
- Sally Bailey, MFA, MSW, RDT/BCT -- Professor and Director of the Drama Therapy Program at Kansas State University, Past President of the North American Association for Drama Therapy, Registered Drama Therapist/Board Certified Trainer.
- Rachel Ballon, PhD, MFT - Licensed Psychotherapist and International Writing Consultant, Screenwriter, Poetry therapist, and Author.
- Ronald M. Borczon, MT-BC, MM - Founder and Director of the Department of Music Therapy at California State University, Northridge; Past President of the National Association of Music Therapy, Western Region; Board Certified Music Therapist.
- Carolyn Braddock, MA - Trauma Specialist; Founder, Institute on Child Abuse and Neglect in Colorado.
- Anne Buxie, PhD - Founder, Tales by the Sea - storytelling series.
- Karen Calhoun, MM - Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator, Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District
- Robert Carroll, MD - Vice President, National Association for Poetry Therapy and Program Chair of the Southern California region; on UCLA clinical faculty.
- Kathy Cass, MA, BC-DMT, NCC, CYT - Founder, Chance to Dance; Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist; Certified Yoga therapist.
- Meg H. Chang, EdD, BC-DMT, LPCC, NBCC - Core Faculty, Somatic Psychology Program, California Institute of Integral Studies; Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist.
- Linda Chapman, MA, ATR-BC - Founder and Director, Art Therapy Institute of the Redwoods; Art Therapist Registered and Board Certified.
- Anne Coscarelli, PhD - Director, Simms/Mann - UCLA Center for Integrative Medicine; Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine; Clinical Professor, Department of Psychology, UCLA.
- Laura A. Coverson, MS - Past Producer, ABC News.
- Robyn Flaum Cruz, PhD, BC-DMT, LPC, NCC - Associate Professor, Lesley University PhD Program in Expressive Therapies; Editor-in-Chief, The Arts in Psychotherapy; Chair-Elect, National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations; Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist.
- Erica Curtis, MFT, ATR-BC - Past President of the Southern California Art Therapy Association, Past Board Member of the American Art Therapy Association, Instructor at Loyola Marymount University, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Art Therapist Registered and Board Certified.
- Helen G. Dolas, MS, MT-BC, Founder and Director, Arts and Services for Disabled, Inc., Long Beach, CA; Board Certified Music Therapist.
- Barbara Drucker, MFA - Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Director of Arts Education, Professor of Art, School of the Arts and Architecture, UCLA
- Pam Dunne, Ph.D, RDT/BCT - Director, Creative Arts Therapies Institute and Drama Therapy Institute of Los Angeles; Past President National Association for Drama Therapy; Clinical Psychologist; Author; Registered Drama Therapist/Board Certified Trainer.
- Barbara A. Else, MPA, LCAT, MT-BC - Consulting Senior Advisor for Policy and Research, and Disaster Response Coordinator for the American Music Therapy Association; Board Certified Music Therapist.
- John Fitzgerald - Manager, Recreational Music Activities, Remo Inc.; Drum Circle Facilitator, Health Rhythms Facilitator.
- Julia Forth, Program Marketing Director, Cancer Support Community Benjamin Center, West Los Angeles.
- Dale Franzen - Founder and Artistic Director, The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage & The Edye Second Space at the Santa Monica College Performing Arts Center.
- Judy Gantz, MA, CMA - Founder and Director of the Center of Movement Education and Research.
- Sherry W. Goodill, PhD, BC-DMT, NCC, LPC (PA) - Clinical Professor and Chair, Department of Creative Arts Therapies, Drexel University; President, American Dance Therapy Association; Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist.
- Trudy Goodman - Founder and Director of InsightLA; Co-Founder, Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy, Growing Spirit, and the Center for Mindfulness and Psychotherapy.
- Susan Kaiser Greenland, JD - Co-Founder and Executive Director, InnerKids; Clinical Team Member of UCLA Pediatric Pain Program at UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital.
- Mary L. Hardy, MD - Medical Director, Simms/Mann - UCLA Center for Integrative Medicine; Associate Physician, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Licensed Physician Board Certified in Internal Medicine; and Artist.
- Bryan Hunter, PhD, LCAT, MT-BC - Professor and Chair, Department of Creative Arts Therapy, Nazareth College, Rochester, NY; Past-President, American Music Therapy Association; Board Certified Music Therapist.
- John Kepner, MA, MBA - Executive Director, International Association of Yoga Therapists.
- Mimi Lind, LCSW - Director of Mental Health Services, Venice Family Clinic.
- Debra Linesch PhD, LMFT, ATR-BC - Chair of the Graduate Department of Marital and Family Therapy with Specialized Training in Clinical Art Therapy at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles; Board Certified Art Therapist.
- Perie J. Longo, PhD, MFT - Past President, National Association for Poetry Therapy; Registered Poetry Therapist and Mentor/Supervisor; Santa Barbara Poet Laureate Emerita
- Lora Wilson Mau, MA, BC-DMT - Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist; Public Relations Chair, American Dance Therapy Association; Lecturer at the California State University Long Beach Department of Dance.
- Nicholas Mazza, PhD - Dean and Patricia V. Vance Professor of Social Work at Florida State University; Founding (1987) and Continuing Editor of the Journal of Poetry Therapy; Licensed in Psychology, Clinical Social Work, and Marital and Family Therapy.
- Einat Metzl, PhD, LMFT, ATR-BC, RYT - Professor of Art Therapy / Marital and Family Therapy at Loyola Marymount University; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Art Therapist Registered and Board Certified; Yoga Practitioner.
- Julia Miele - Executive Director, YWCA Santa Monica / Westside.
- Jeremy Nobel, MD, MPH - Founding President, Foundation for Art & Healing; Adjunct Lecturer Harvard School of Public Health.
- Adam Philipson - CEO Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey; Previous Managing Director, Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center at College of the Canyons.
- Judith Pinkerton, MT-BC/L - Founder and President, Music 4 Life, Inc., Las Vegas, NV; President-Elect, American Music Therapy Association, Western Region Chapter; Licensed Board Certified Music Therapist.
- Daniel Poston, JD, MBA - Assistant Dean for Masters Programs, Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington
- Barbara Reuer, PhD, MT-BC - Board Certified Music Therapist; Founder & CEO, MusicWorx Inc.; Founder & Executive Director, Resounding Joy Inc.
Past President, National Association for Music Therapy; Board Certified Music Therapist.
- Jean-Louis Rodrigue - American Society for the Alexander Technique (AmSAT) certified teacher; Adjunct Assistant Professor in the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.
- Stephen Snow, PhD, RDT-BCT - Professor and Chair, Department of Creative Arts Therapies; Co-Director, Research, The Centre for the Arts in Human Development, Concordia University, Montreal; Registered Drama Therapist/Board Certified Trainer.
- Beth Sternlieb, BFA - Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher; clinical team member of UCLA Pediatric Pain Program at UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital.
- Christine Stevens, MSW, MT-BC, MA - Founder of UpBeat Drum Circles; Board Certified Music Therapist.
- Raffi Tachdjian, MD, MPH - Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
- Mercedes B. ter Maat, PhD, ATR-BC, LPC - President, American Art Therapy Association; Associate Professor at Nova Southeastern University; Licensed Professional Counselor; Art Therapist Registered and Board Certified; Certified Professional School Counselor.
- Karen L. Timko - Coordinator of Primary Intervention and Elementary School Counseling for the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Marybeth Weinstock, PhD, BC-DMT - President, California Chapter of the American Dance Therapy Association; President, Creative Transition; Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist.
- Craig Woodson, PhD - Owner of Ethnomusic, Inc.; Director and Author of Roots of Rhythm for the Percussion Marketing Council; President, Drums of Humanity.
- Veronica Zador, E-RYT 500 - Past President of the International Association of Yoga Therapists, past Vice Chair of Yoga Alliance, immediate past Chair of the Yoga Alliance Standards Committee and Chair of the Subcommittees for Prenatal Yoga and Yoga for Children.
- Jonathan Zeichner - Executive Director, A Place Called Home; Former Founding Executive Director, Inside Out Community Arts.
|UCLArts and Healing program participant discovers, with the trained eye of a board certified art therapist, that images she drew before and after a writing exercise fit together to make a complete whole.
...we are the people who believe that the world is in increasing need of meaningful human connection that can be facilitated through the arts...